You must have seen the green texture with binary digits in Matrix the movie. Well, if you are willing to use a texture like that in your images but couldn’t find a good one for the background, here is a tutorial to create and design a similar texture in Adobe Photoshop. Please remember that this will not create the exact texture but using the color combinations, it will generate a texture giving the feel of the same matrix texture.
What you need :
- Adobe Photoshop [Any Version]
- Some Basic Skills
To proceed designing the texture, follow the steps below :
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Go to File > New and create a new blank image with equal desired dimensions.
- Using the paint bucket tool, select a color similar to “Dark Green” or color which you feel is similar to the color of matrix texture. You can experiment with different shades of dark green color to get a perfect shade.
- Now, Go to Filter (as in Adobe Photoshop CS4).
- Under “Texture” context menu, click on “Grain”.
- Now, Edit the “Intensity” Level to ‘89’.
- Change the “Contrast” level to ‘72’.
- Select the “Grain Type” as “Vertical”.
- You can experiment with the Contrast and Intensity level as per your requirement.
- Click “OK” button and wait for the filter to be applied on the image.
- You will see a texture like the one provided below:
About the Author: Jason is an enthusiast geek. He loves to read latest articles and news on Tech Blog and Sports Blog.