Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Review
Asus is getting better at churning out mid end smartphones at exciting prices. The Mobile market is cost sensitive and saturated and Asus knows this better than their other OEM counterparts. Asus just released their new device, the ZenFone 4 Selfie. It’s core feature as the name suggests is the front camera and we will delve into more details below.
- Build quality: The back is made up of plastic and it doesn’t offer many distinct features over other handsets. The device feels very light on the hands and is pretty good at the price it comes in. The metallic finishes at the sides raise the aesthetics of the phone. The phone comes in pretty good color options too. It is light weight and weighs 144gms to be precise.
- Camera: Coming to the most obvious shining aspect of the phones, the camera which is marketed as the best in the mid ranging market. The back of the phone sports a 16MP camera while the front has largely spaced at the right and left ends, dual selfie cameras of 20MP and 8 MP with a flash. There are three modes in the camera namely normal, wide and portrait. Portrait mode is great for single person selfies and the 20 MP front camera with flash shows its true potential here. The selfies look stunning with this phone and it’s probably the single most convincing feature to invest in this phone.
- Display and other Specifications: Powered by Snapdragon Octa Core 430 processor, this phone offers smooth experience for the user without much heating when you play high end games. With a 5.5 inch IPS display, which is a standard these days, it doesn’t disappoint. This phone has got some great viewing angles for the display.
There are 4 Gigs of RAM and 64 Gigs of internal storage available in this ASUS phone which is expandable up to 2TB, yes you heard it right. It’s outlandish and great for storing a lot of data.
- Software: This phone runs on Nougat 7.1.1 and has the standard ASUS skin Zen UI version 4.0 to go along with it. Alongside Android Nougat come all the perks of the new version of the OS. Few impressive features include sending GIF messages from the keyboard for messaging apps. Also, many under the hood improvements and features are included.
- Battery: The only downside to this impressive phone is it’s lackluster 3000 mAh battery which doesn’t hold good in this age of smartphones. Especially for a 5.5 inch IPS display, there should have been at least a 3500 mAh battery. But, nevertheless, it’s a great device for the price it retails for. It’s priced at 14999 INR currently.
Conclusion: The market for android device is saturated in this age and OEM’s are coming up with impressive batteries as the screens are getting bigger. Asus ZenFone 4 selfie holds good in its price range. It comes with great dual front cameras and will definitely make you selfie addicted if you aren’t one already.