Asus Zenwatch 2 vs Moto 360 [2nd Gen]
We live in a world of IOT (Internet of things). Exciting times to be alive. Today, let us get into smartwatches and compare two of the best smartwatches out there. The mighty Moto 360 (2nd Gen) and the Asus Zenwatch 2.
Asus Zenwatch 2:
The pricing of this Asus smartwatch is tempting. Almost available for half the price of most of the smartwatches today, Zenwatch 2 is a pretty decent watch. Design wise, it is a square shaped smartwatch featuring 320×320 display and 277 ppi. It is available in two options, the smaller one has better girth and thick bezels. The larger one is ill fitting for medium sized and smaller sized wrists.
Running Android wear 1.3 with snapdragon 400 processor, the zenwatch 2 is packed with 512 MB ram and 4GB internal storage. The 400 mAh battery lasts a day and you will find yourself charging it every single night. The app availability is getting better with each passing day and that’s a great news for android enthusiasts.
- Available in two options. Large and small.
- Has a good deal of watch faces to choose from. Apparently, 24.
- Features Gorilla glass 3.
- Has IP 67 water and dust resistance.
- Tens of Asus companion apps.
- Affordable price. Pretty much the best price out there.
- Big square design does not turn heads.
- Occasional stutters and quirks with the software.
- Random Bluetooth bugs.
- Lacks heartrate sensor.
- Inferior material choices for band (Rubber).
All in all, it’s a pretty sweet deal if you are on a budget and want to try your hand at android wear.
Moto 360 (2nd Gen):
The most famous smartwatch by Motorola just got better with this new addition. Targeted at wrist watch users rather than smartwatch users, this 2nd generation watch has the looks of a classic timepiece. The greatest perk of owning this watch is its customizability from moto maker, which includes plethora of options for you to choose. They charge you extra bucks for customization. The only hardware button (the crown) has been moved to 2 O’ clock position from the previous 3 O’ clock position.
The latest Moto 360 runs on android wear 1.3 and packs a snapdragon 400 processor just like the Asus zenwatch 2. It also has half gigs of ram and 4 gigs of internal storage. It now rocks slimmer bezels and deeper blacks over its predecessor. Battery life is excellent albeit having a 300 mAh unit. It easily lasts longer than a day and if you’re not a voracious user, it even lasts a couple days.
- Classic design, sure to turn heads.
- Excellent battery life.
- Tons of options for customization.
- Qi standard charging.
- IP 67 water and dust resistance.
- Gorilla glass 3.
- Heart rate sensor.
- Premium leather and metal options available.
- LCD display resulting in poor colors and contrast compared to AMOLED.
- Expensive price point.
- Same android wear. No extra features to stand out from the rivals.
- Occasional lag in performance.
The Moto 360 (2nd gen ) is a great smartwatch for its classic timeless design and many customization options. It, certainly is the best looking smartwatch out there. If you are looking to buy a watch at this price point, definitely give it a shot.