Very recently, Asus has come with their latest laptop model – the ZenBook 3, and it’s the Apple rival on their flagship laptop lineup as claimed by the high officials of the company. Asus revealed their latest laptop this Monday, 30th May 2016 which goes by the name Asus ZenBook 3; and it’s an attempt to not shy away from a laptop rivalry from Apple. The new ZenBook 3 is one of Asus’ thinnest, lightest and most powerful ultrabooks in the market, and the pricing is set at a convenient point for everyone. Asus ZenBook 3 won’t probably stand out as the best-laptop-ever, but it is one of the most-premium-yet-affordable ultrabooks.
Pricing for the Asus ZenBook 3 starts at $999, and the top of the line model’s price is $1000 more to the base version – $1,999. Even the lowest priced version comes with a Core i5 CPU, and the highest priced version offers an Intel Core i7 CPU with higher clock speed and high speed SSD storage. The pricing is very well justified in comparison with the product.
Configuration and Features
To begin with, the exterior of Asus ZenBook 3 is fully built of shiny metal. People mostly love metallic outlook on a laptop these days, but if you don’t then the Asus ZenBook 3 isn’t probably the computer you are looking for. On the other hand, the Asus ZenBook 3 has a seemingly serious drawback – it comes with only one USB C port like the Apple MacBook.
People despised the MacBook for not having sufficient connectivity ports and now Asus seems to have made the same mistake. Or do they not take it as a technology sin? Drop your opinion in the comments section! However, the basic spec sheet looks pretty impressive for the price.
Features of Asus Zenbook 3:
- A 12.5 inch display with Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolution. Naturally the pixel density on this display is very high, and it even surpasses the Retina standard on the Apple MacBook.
- Asus ZenBook is only 11.9 mm thick, that’s even slimmer than a regular notebook or diary. The dimension will apparently be an executive’s best friend for productivity on the go.
- Asus ZenBook 3 weighs only 910 grams. There aren’t many laptops in the market with such less weight.
- The base model comes with an Intel Core i5 CPU and 4GB of RAM, whilst the highest configuration model is equipped with Intel Core i7 CPU and up to 16 GB of RAM. The storage is 256 GB SSD in standard terms, there could be upgrades if the buyers asks for one,
- In practical test reports, the battery has lasted around 9 hours. However, on minimal settings like lowest brightness, sitting closest to a Wi-Fi access point, not using the speakers on the laptop etc. would make the laptop last longer.
- Aftermarket docks can resolve the single USB C port issue.
On the very first encounter with the Asus ZenBook 3, we have loved the performance output so far. This laptop has each and every properties to be one of the best laptops of 2016. For the price everything on this laptop is great – the configuration, display output, design properties, battery life, upgradability; we would certainly recommend the Asus ZenBook 3 over many other ultrabook in the similar price range.