Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus Review
The world of smartphones is like an ocean and the vastness of this ocean is increasing steadily. Nearly every month, a new smartphone that beats all the previous is launched by a smartphone brand. Ever since Google has introduced its open-source Android OS, which is versatile and easy to use, all the mobile companies in the world have started using it on their own devices. Thanks to this OS, new brands are emerging in different part of the world with their own Android OS based smartphones, featuring their own awesome looking designs, great hardware and… well, something new!
The Indian brand, Karbonn, emerged suddenly out of nowhere with its low end cellphones. As soon as the Android Technology came to India, Karbonn went flat for it and then was reborn as a warrior – with a titanium armor. Well, this brand seems to have caught our attention by launching yet another new handset, “Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus” which flaunts its design, build quality, features and also usability.
Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus Features
- This Dual-SIM handset runs on a 2G and 3G network. It flaunts a 5-inch IPS LCD display with 441-ppi pixel density. Not to forget that the capacitive touchscreen is a 10-point multi-touch too!
- It comes with a 2GB RAM and a 16GB internal memory which is expandable up to 32GB with the use of a Micro-SD card.
- It comes with the latest Bluetooth v4.0 & Micro-USB v2.0.
Well, that was the general information about this device. Now let’s talk about the features that actually matter to us.
Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus Specifications
- The phone comes with a whopping 16MP primary camera with Autofocus and LED Flash. The camera features geotagging, panorama, touch focus and face and smile detection. The phone also flaunts an 8MP secondary camera.
- It comes preloaded with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS and runs on the new Mediatek MT6592 Chipset along with the Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A7 processor. It also has all the basic sensors, like Proximity Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass or Magnetic Sensor and Light Sensor.
- The phone is powered by a 2000mAh Lithium-ion battery, which can power the device for a whole day without requiring a recharge. The talk-time of the phone has not yet been mentioned as of yet.
- Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus Flip Cover, Flip Case and other accessories are available at Online Stores.
Comparison: Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus vs Micromax Canvas Knight
Now, we will compare this phone, i.e. Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus with the Micromax Canvas Knight. Both of these phones come in the same price range, hence comparing them makes a lot of sense.
- First of all, both Micromax Canvas Knight and Karbonn Octane Plus have the same 5-inch IPS LCD display.
- Micromax Canvas Knight, just like Karbonn Octane Plus, has an Octa-core processor, yet it gives a whole of 2.0 GHz of speed, which is quite higher than Octane Plus’s 1.7 GHz processor.
- Micromax Canvas Knight comes preloaded with the Android 4.2.2 Jellybean OS, unlike Octane Plus which comes with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
- Micromax Canvas Knight features a better camera with the next generation M8 Largan Lens which is significantly better than Octane Plus’s, even though they both flaunt a 16MP camera. It also shows-off multiple features like the Camera-Chip Sensors and the 1.34-micron OmniBSI-2 Pixel Architecture. Both the devices are loaded with 8MP secondary camera.
- Canvas Knight beats Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus pretty easily in terms of sound with its Yamaha Amp Audio System. It delivers clear and crisp sound with nice bass and great loudness, much unlike Octane Plus.
- The Canvas Knight also comes with 32GB internal memory which is double of Karbonn Octane Plus’s 16GB memory.
- In terms of form-factor, I must point out the Canvas Knight kind of reminds me of iPhone 5 or 5s in terms of design. It looks sturdy and well built. But on the other hand, the Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus flaunts a sleek design with a matte-finish back. Both the phones have a nice build quality, nice form factor and great designs.
Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus, Micromax Canvas Knight Price in India
Now for the pricing, the Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus price in India costs around Rs. 17,900 INR. Micromax Canvas Knight price in India costs Rs. 20,599 in Flipkart. For the features it delivers, we cannot really say that it is a bad deal! But it is just human behavior to want more for less. Though according to me, a mere $285 for a phone with these many features is not a waste of money. If I had the money, I would have probably given it a go. Definitely!
So, which phone have you planned to buy? Micromax Canvas Knight or Karbonn Titanium Octane Plus.. Which one? Comment below if you have any doubts, we’ll be there to clarify 🙂 Cheers.