For those who are not aware of this option, Incognito Mode is an option that is available in Google Chrome Mac that can be used for private browsing on the Internet. The Chrome users can easily make use of this mode and can surf the internet without recording the usernames, passwords, cookies as well as history by chrome. The mode is of great concern for mainly parents because it has become a way using which children are able to view a lot of inappropriate material on the internet without leaving any kind of trace. The mode is very similar to the “Private Browsing” on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. In this tutorial, I’ll be teaching you how to remove incognito mode.
But there is a method making use of which you can easily and permanently disable incognito mode on Google Chrome by editing the registry a bit.
How to Block/Disable/Delete Incognito Mode in Google Chrome (Windows):
- First of all you need to open the registry editor. To open registry editor, you have to click “Start” menu and type “regedit” on the search box. You are going to see a program called “regedit.exe”. Click on that and if you see a warning, click on Yes.
- The next thing that you need to do is navigate to Policies option.
- There you are going to see “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”. Click on it. The option is going to expand.
- Now search the “Software” option and double click on it.
- And then finally you will see the “Policies”, open it by double clicking on it.
- Now most of the functions are controlled by Registry, so you need to create a brand new entry in the registry with the name IncognitoModeAvailability.
- To do that you have to right click on the “Policies” option and there select New>>Key.
- Now you have to enter “Google” (no quotes) in the space where the name of the key is asked.
- Now again right click on the “Google” that is created and select New>>Key.
- Now you again need to enter the name, but this time enter “Chrome” (no quotes) at the place where the name of the key is asked.
- Now you need to right click on the “Chrome” key that is created. There you are going to see “New” option. Click on that and then select “DWORD (32-Bit) Value”.
- When asked to enter the name, enter “IncognitoModeAvailability” and then choose the option “Modify”.
- There you are going to see the box with “Value Data” written on the text box. Enter 1 as the value in the box.
- Now finally you have to click on “OK” and then exit the registry and it is done.
Now you have to restart the Google Chrome again and when you open the “Settings” panel, you will see that the “New Incognito Window” option that was earlier available is now disabled and not functional. Even if anybody uninstalls Google Chrome and then re-install it, then also the Incognito mode option will be disabled and private browsing will not be possible in any case. Disable Incognito Mode on Google Chrome and enjoy.
Guide to Disable Incognito Mode on Google Chrome Mac:
Step 1: Go to “Library/Preferences/com.
Step 2: Replace the code by the following code:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC “-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN” “http://www.apple.com/DTDs/
Step 3: Save it and Restart the Google Chrome and now you have learnt to disable incognito mode in your Google Chrome Mac.
Voila! Now enjoy disabling Incognito Mode in Google Chrome and in your Mac.